Sunday, August 10, 2008

Siru ma Laddu/Besan Laddu

I was very eager to prepare a sweet in our new microwave oven. So when I turned the book which was given with the Oven,I saw this simple recipe and decided it to try. Because this same laddoo will take more than 5 hours to prepare in my Mom's place.of course that day we didn't have microwave. Moving the gas stove to a more spacious hall and starting the work and all .... It will be a memorable experience for every diwali ..(only for diwali my mom,grand mom,grand father and all will be doing it..). So I prepared this laddoo and it had the same taste as my mom prepared.



Ingredients
Besan flour-1 cup
sugar powdered - 3/4 cup
ghee-1/3 cup
Elaichi powder -1/4 tsp


Method:
In a microwave safe bowl, add the flour and ghee and mix well.Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes,stirring after every one minute.Reduce the power to 70% and microwave for another minute stirring once after 30 seconds.Remove and let the mixture cool completely.Add the cardomom powder and sugar and mix well. Shape into laddoos.


I Would like to thank ramya from Sena's Rasoi for giving me BFF gold Card.




The following rules apply to this award:
1. Only 5 people are allowed to receive this award
2. 4 of them followers of your blog.
3. One has to be new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to who ever gave you the award.


I would like to forward this award to Vegetable Platter,Jayashree,Richa,Bhags.

And for the new one to my blog is a_and_n

Congratualtions all!!

I came to know about an event called sweet series - Chikki and Laddu through fellow blogger uma. Thanks uma for informing me.
This is my entry to sweet series - Chikki and Laddu

17 comments:

Shobana senthilkumar said...

Hi usha,
besan laddu sounds new to me and the recipe is easy too....will try and give my feedback.

Jayashree said...

Besan laddu in the mw sounds and looks delish.
Thank you for passing on the BFF card to me.

Richa said...

ur besan laddu looks so smooth, yummy :)
congrats on ur award & thanks for passing it on to me!

Uma said...

besan laddu is so good Usha! looks so delicious. YOu could send this to the "Chikkis and Laddus" event.

Congrats on your award.

RM said...

Looks good :)
Rgds,
Sam !

bha said...

nice looking laddus.......congrats for ur award and thanks for thinking about me

Deepthi Shankar said...

besan laddu looks nice .. pic is lovely ..

Cynthia said...

It is always a thrill to discover a way to make a favourite that takes a lot less time but tastes just as good.

Indian Khana said...

Besan laddu looking yummy and so nice shape and texture...gud use of microwave ;) Congrats for you award :)

Vibaas said...

hi usha, thanks for your comments. Laddu looks absolutely delicious!

Vibaas said...

hi usha, thanks for your comments. Laddu looks absolutely delicious!

Dibs said...

Hello Usha - happu Ganesh Chaturthi. This is a great idea, and so quick. Will try it out today!

ST said...

HAPPY GANESH CHATURTHI DEAR:))
Besan Laddu looks delicious...Congrats on ur awards...

Priya Suresh said...

Looks too delicious..mouth watering..

anudivya said...

Cute looking laddus. Have been ages since I had one. Got to try it out.

Lakshmi said...

Laddu looks delicious Usha..

myscrawls said...

Hi Usha,

I came here searching for some recipe and absolutely loved the ma laddus :) Nice food blog!

I am Anu from My Scrawls. Do visit my site when u get time. Would be happy to receive your comments!